Trees need pruning for a number of reasons:
- Safety - remove dead, diseased, or damaged limbs and branches
- Improve the health of the tree by insuring a strong trunk with sturdy, well-spaced branches
- Reduce crowding of branches, eliminate rubbing limbs, and reduce the weight of heavy limbs
- Increase light and air penetration to the inside of the tree’s crown or to the landscape below
- Maintain a balanced or desirable form of the tree by removing rogue or malformed branches
- Reduce leaf area to prevent wind damage
This tree was scheduled to be pruned in several days to reduce the leaf area - the wind arrived first and the tree had to be removed instead.